All-ceramic crowns are a kind of non-metallic cosmetic crowns, which have developed from the first generation to today's third generation. The classic three-generation all-ceramic crown is based on the second generation, using high-quality imported porcelain powder (perfect combination of inner and outer crown porcelain and porcelain), through high-tech, through complex processes.
All-ceramic crowns have: no metal components, beautiful color, excellent safety, can do nuclear magnetic resonance, does not affect future medical examinations, and is compatible with periodontal gingiva.
The all-ceramic crown is to adjust the teeth according to the shape of the alveolar bone without damaging the teeth and gums, then carefully sculpt and trim 1-2 mm, and finally put a bionic crown on the teeth to protect the original teeth.
All-ceramic crowns are suitable for irregular dentition, sparse anterior teeth, tetracycline teeth, fluorosis, deformed teeth and various roots that cannot be restored with resin but still retain value, adults who miss the golden period of correction, and those with metal allergies, etc. The failure of porcelain teeth can be quickly corrected and repaired by an all-ceramic crown, without tooth extraction, and the whole process is painless, and the dental effect is very ideal.
Under what circumstances is an all-ceramic crown suitable for restoration?
1. Groups with higher requirements for aesthetics. All-ceramic crowns can restore the shape and color of teeth realistically with its superior color-blocking effect, dyeing process, colorimetric method and other complex processes.
2. Groups with high requirements on hardness. The hardness of the inner crown and the porcelain layer of the all-ceramic teeth is higher than that of the porcelain teeth, and the wear resistance is good, so there is no need to worry about the porcelain collapsing caused by daily chewing of hard objects.
3. No harm to gums. All-ceramic dental crowns are made of porcelain, which has excellent oral biocompatibility. Since there is no metal component, there is no need to worry about gingival swelling, bleeding and gingival discoloration caused by metal allergy, so it is the most suitable choice for metal allergy.
4. No effect on medical examination. Since porcelain teeth use metal inner crowns, other dental examinations may interfere with the results, so the crowns are generally removed in advance, but the all-ceramic crowns will not, depending on its material .
The difference between all-ceramic crowns and porcelain teeth
1. In principle, all-ceramic crowns emphasize the cosmetic effect of teeth on the premise of ensuring no damage to teeth and gums, while porcelain teeth are result-oriented, mainly emphasizing the treatment and restoration of teeth.
2. In terms of therapeutic function, all-ceramic crowns are safe and have no side effects, and are guaranteed for life. The technical characteristics of porcelain teeth determine that it is not prone to gingival swelling and blackening of the gums. It can be explained from the three major characteristics: 1) Good permeability: The metal-porcelain tooth has its opacity determined by the material of the metal inner crown. It is necessary to cover the metal base with opaque porcelain, which affects the transparency of the restoration to a certain extent. Ordinary metal porcelain will also cause "black lines" on the neck of the tooth, which affects the appearance. All-ceramic restorations have good transparency and refraction, as well as high-strength inner crowns, so that the neck of the tooth can also achieve a good seal! 2) Excellent biocompatibility: all-ceramic tooth crowns are made of porcelain, and the porcelain and porcelain are perfectly combined. Since there is no metal component, it not only guarantees the health of the patient, but also does not cause the phenomenon of metal and porcelain peeling off. and affect the beauty. The adaptability in the oral cavity is higher than that of any other metal-porcelain teeth, and basically no sensitive cases have been found, so there is no need to worry about gingival swelling, bleeding and gingival discoloration caused by metal allergy. 3) High strength: Porcelain dental porcelain powder is formed by sintering and adhering to the surface of the metal inner crown after high temperature sintering. Long-term chewing of hard objects will affect the combination of gold and porcelain, and it is easy to collapse the porcelain; the hardness of the inner crown and the porcelain layer of the all-ceramic tooth itself All are higher than porcelain teeth, and have good wear resistance.
3. In terms of technical characteristics, all-ceramic crowns are made of fine and excellent craftsmanship, and modern scientific and technological achievements are applied to the field of teeth, including: digital positioning technology, VITA colorimetric technology, painless technology and other aspects of control, and strive to restore the original appearance of teeth, The porcelain teeth technology is only a traditional dental treatment.
Compared with porcelain teeth, the advantages of all-ceramic crowns are more prominent
1. Safe and non-toxic.
2. Transparency and gloss are bionic, and the shape and color are natural and realistic.
3. With high compressive strength, there is no need to worry about the cracking of the porcelain layer.
4. Grind less teeth and retain their own tooth tissue to a greater extent.
5. It has no effect on medical examinations such as MRI, CT, and head X-ray.
According to the selection of restoration materials, all-ceramic crowns are divided into these two
1. Glass-ceramic all-ceramic teeth. Such as: hot die casting porcelain crowns, glass infiltrated porcelain crowns, and glass ceramic crowns ground by CAD/CAM technology.
2. For alumina and zirconia all-ceramic teeth, the inner crown of alumina and zirconia is ground by applying CAD/CAM technology, and then the outer layer of decorative porcelain is added through the layered ceramic technology, and the finished all-ceramic teeth or no outer layer are produced. Full zirconium crown in porcelain.
The service life of all-ceramic crowns
1. It is related to the operation process. Restoring doctors pay attention to control the amount and method of abutment grinding during the restoration process, so that the abutment teeth have a good edge and shape, and strive for perfection in the process of making the base crown to prolong the service life of the all-ceramic crown.
2. It is related to the selection of cases. If the abutment teeth are healthy, the occlusal relationship is good, and the patient's oral hygiene is in good condition, attention should be paid to adjusting the occlusion when wearing the teeth to ensure that the median, forward and lateral occlusions are unobstructed, and the contact points are normal. There is a certain guarantee of prognosis, and all-ceramic crowns are more durable.
3. It is related to daily life habits. After the all-ceramic crown is repaired, it is necessary to strictly follow the doctor's instructions, such as chewing habits and regular inspections. In this way, all-ceramic crowns can last longer. Postoperative care of all-ceramic crowns All-ceramic crowns are a common method used for the restoration of dental defects. In addition to paying attention to the selection of materials during the production process, we also need to do postoperative care in order to achieve the best results after restoration. , including both diet and cleanliness.
Let’s take a look at the following: 1. In terms of diet, it takes a certain amount of time to get used to after the restoration. If you chew on hard food before you get used to it, the teeth may be under too much force and symptoms such as root discomfort may occur. Even after fully adapting to the oral environment, try not to bite on hard objects to avoid excessive pressure and breakage of the abutment teeth. 2. In terms of cleaning, after the restoration of the all-ceramic crown is completed, develop good oral hygiene habits. Regular brushing, flossing, regular cleanings, regular oral exams, etc. Can maximize the service life. If the patient does not develop a good habit of cleaning the mouth, food residues will accumulate in the tissue around the all-ceramic crown, bacteria will grow, causing oral diseases such as swollen gums and bleeding. There may also be cases where the all-ceramic crown may eventually be removed for rework. Therefore, always pay attention to oral hygiene and develop a good habit of brushing your teeth after meals!
China Dental Laboratory reminds you to care for your teeth, brush your teeth more, protect your teeth and whiten it